Sun, Mar 06|
Activist Assembly: Building the fight for a workers-first agenda
All OSSTF/FEESO members are welcome to attend the @OFLabour Activist Assembly on March 6th! Take part in a full day of strategizing and planning as we get ready for the province-wide day of action for a workers first agenda on May 1st.
Time & Location
Mar 06, 2022, 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
About the event
After two years of a devastating pandemic, and four years of anti-worker policies, Ontario workers and their families need more than just a recovery. We need a just recovery.
That means good jobs and decent work for all workers; a $20 minimum wage; high quality affordable housing; accessible and well funded health care, long term care, education, and other public services; justice for Indigenous people and racialized communities; climate justice and a livable planet; and so much more!
These are winnable demands, but only if we fight for them. That’s why we need you to help build the fight for a workers first agenda in our province.
On Sunday, March 6, hundreds of people from every region of Ontario will take part in the Activist Assembly, a full day of strategizing, skills-building, and planning as we get ready for the province-wide day of action for a workers first agenda on May 1.
At the Activist Assembly, we will:
- Review the key issues facing Ontario workers and their families
- Learn how to use the Workers First Pledge to engage co-workers, family, and friends in hundreds of one-on-one conversations
- Discuss how to mobilize thousands of people for the province-wide day of action for a workers first agenda on May 1
- Join regional break-out groups to develop an organizing plan for May 1 in your own community
- Meet activists from across Ontario and in your community who want to be part of this growing movement